Greetings Ranger Band Families,
The RMB season begins tomorrow, with the start of pre-band camp. I have listed here a few important updates regarding pre-band camp and band camp.
1) Leadership Training 7/25-- All section leaders, squad leaders, and drum majors should be at leadership training tomorrow from 8-3. Leadership should pack a lunch. Students will not be provided lunch. Please wear athletic clothes and shoes. Also, bring your instrument, music (in flip folder), water bottle, and sun protection. Librarians should be at the school from 11:30-3:00.
2)Pre-Band Camp Rehearsals 7/26-7/27 -- Please double check the schedule to make sure that you show up to the correct rehearsals. Remember that some rehearsals are just for freshman and leadership, while others are for the full band. Students should wear athletic shoes and clothes. They should bring instruments, flip folders, lanyards, a water bottle, music, sun protection.
3) Loading trailer 7/27--Flutes, piccolos, and clarinets will be loaded onto the buses on Sunday. All other instruments (saxes, trumpets, trombones, baritones, sousaphones, and percussion) will be loaded on the band trailer at 3pm on Friday. Students should not leave FHC until their instrument is safely on the trailer. Color Guard and Percussion students may need to stay longer to ensure all their equipment is loaded. Please plan on staying until this job is complete (probably until 4pm). Many hands make light work!
4) Check-in on Sunday 7/29-- On Sunday please report to the back of FHC for band camp sign-in and bus loading at 10 am. Parents/guardians will need to sign-in students at the sign-in tables. There will also be a med. table. Students with medical concerns should report to this table before loading the bus.
5) Other packing items-- I omitted a few items from the packing list. Students should remember to bring some kind of shower shoes and shower caddy/bag (ziplock bag will work fine). We will be staying in Henry Hall this year, which has community bathrooms. Please plan accordingly.
6) Lunch Sunday 7/29-- Our first meal service on Sunday is Dinner at 5:30. Students will need to bring a packed lunch to eat on the bus. Please do not pack nuts or items containing nuts. There are several students with nut allergies in the band.
7) Food Allergies/Dietary Restrictions-- WMU Dining Services makes accommodations for students with dietary restrictions. I sent information regarding these accommodations to the FHC Bands Google Group. However, you can also find this same information here: https://wmich.edu/dining/nutrition
8) Unloading the trailer 8/3-- On Friday, August 3rd we will begin unloading the trailer at 12:30 pm. (30 minutes prior to rehearsal)
I'm looking forward to starting the RMB season tomorrow! Go Rangers!