Click the button below to read this month’s newsletter.
Click the button below to access this month’s Band Newsletter.
We need your help with a few concert season events. Please click the link below to access the concert season sign-up genius:
Thank you for helping out!
Click the link below to read this month’s band newsletter.
Click the button below to access the District Solo and Ensemble Registration Forms.
Click the link below to read the October 12th Newsletter.
Click the button below to read the Bandtasia newsletter.
Click the button below to read the newsletter pertaining to our homecoming performances.
Please click the button below to access the MSBOA All-State Audition information.
Please click the button below for the Homecoming Dinner Order Instructions
Click the link below to read this week’s FHC Band Newsletter.
Click the button below to read this week's newsletter.
Please click the button below to read this week's band newsletter. It contains important information regarding this Thursday's game!
This is your chance to purchase your FHC Ranger Band Spirit Wear!!!
Every student loves putting on the gear that shows off their ranger band spirit, AND your support as parents, benefits the band program as well.
We will be set up at tonight’s Kick-Off Dinner, ready for you to get all your game day gear! In addition to what we have available for immediate purchase, we also have an online store! This will make ordering super easy. All you have to do is go to the website below and place your order, and we will deliver it to your ranger band student by mid-September.
To order online, go to: https://fhcband.itemorder.com/sale
Deadline for online orders is August 24th, 2018
Thank you for supporting our Band!
Chairperson, Spirit Wear Sales
Greetings Ranger Band Families,
The RMB season begins tomorrow, with the start of pre-band camp. I have listed here a few important updates regarding pre-band camp and band camp.
1) Leadership Training 7/25-- All section leaders, squad leaders, and drum majors should be at leadership training tomorrow from 8-3. Leadership should pack a lunch. Students will not be provided lunch. Please wear athletic clothes and shoes. Also, bring your instrument, music (in flip folder), water bottle, and sun protection. Librarians should be at the school from 11:30-3:00.
2)Pre-Band Camp Rehearsals 7/26-7/27 -- Please double check the schedule to make sure that you show up to the correct rehearsals. Remember that some rehearsals are just for freshman and leadership, while others are for the full band. Students should wear athletic shoes and clothes. They should bring instruments, flip folders, lanyards, a water bottle, music, sun protection.
3) Loading trailer 7/27--Flutes, piccolos, and clarinets will be loaded onto the buses on Sunday. All other instruments (saxes, trumpets, trombones, baritones, sousaphones, and percussion) will be loaded on the band trailer at 3pm on Friday. Students should not leave FHC until their instrument is safely on the trailer. Color Guard and Percussion students may need to stay longer to ensure all their equipment is loaded. Please plan on staying until this job is complete (probably until 4pm). Many hands make light work!
4) Check-in on Sunday 7/29-- On Sunday please report to the back of FHC for band camp sign-in and bus loading at 10 am. Parents/guardians will need to sign-in students at the sign-in tables. There will also be a med. table. Students with medical concerns should report to this table before loading the bus.
5) Other packing items-- I omitted a few items from the packing list. Students should remember to bring some kind of shower shoes and shower caddy/bag (ziplock bag will work fine). We will be staying in Henry Hall this year, which has community bathrooms. Please plan accordingly.
6) Lunch Sunday 7/29-- Our first meal service on Sunday is Dinner at 5:30. Students will need to bring a packed lunch to eat on the bus. Please do not pack nuts or items containing nuts. There are several students with nut allergies in the band.
7) Food Allergies/Dietary Restrictions-- WMU Dining Services makes accommodations for students with dietary restrictions. I sent information regarding these accommodations to the FHC Bands Google Group. However, you can also find this same information here: https://wmich.edu/dining/nutrition
8) Unloading the trailer 8/3-- On Friday, August 3rd we will begin unloading the trailer at 12:30 pm. (30 minutes prior to rehearsal)
I'm looking forward to starting the RMB season tomorrow! Go Rangers!
Our new FHC Bands website is up and running! Check back here for updates on all things band related.
Band Camp Registration
Band Camp registration and payment is due June 1st. If you were not able to attend the band camp meeting and have questions or concerns regarding band camp. Financial aid is available if you are concerned about making the band camp payment. Please feel free to reach out to Ms. Zilhaver with concerns.
Drumline Clinic and Auditions
The Pre-Audition Drumline Clinics will be held on Tuesday, May 22 and Wednesday, May 23 from 3:00-4:00pm in the FHC Band room.
Most Freshman and Sophomores percussionist play in the Pit Percussion. However, the clinic and auditions are open to any student 8th grade and above that are interested in auditioning for the Ranger Marching Band Drumline. Students can audition for snare, tenor, bass, or cymbals
Auditions will be held on Thursday, May 24th from 3:00-6:00pm in FHC Band room.
Color Guard Clinic and Auditions
The Ranger Marching Band is looking for students who are interested in joining the Color guard.No prior experience is necessary!
There will be a clinic on Tuesday, May 22 from 6:00pm-8:00pm in the FHC Band room. to teach you everything you need to know for the audition.
Auditions will be held on Thursday, May 24th from 6:00-8:00pm in the FHC Band room.
Jazz Ensemble Memorial Day Service Info
The Jazz Ensemble will be performing at the Memorial Day Service at the Cascade Township Library on Monday, May 28th. Students will meet at FHC at 9 am to load/transport equipment. The service will begin at 10 am.
Students will need to wear dress clothes. Please no sneakers, jeans, t-shirts, or shorts. Ladies, all skirts and dresses should be knee length or longer.
Examples of appropriate dress: 1) Gentleman--dress pants, button down dress shirt with tie, dress shoes 2) Ladies--long skirt or dress pants, modest blouse or button down shirt, and dress shoes
2018 RMB T-shirt Design Contest
Do you have an awesome idea for next year’s RMB t-shirt design? Then submit your idea to the RMB T-shirt Design Contest! Your design can be hand-drawn, painted, or computer generated. Submit your entry to Ms. Zilhaver by Tuesday, May 29th to be considered!
2018 RMB Leadership Training
There will a leadership training on Thursday, June 7 from 12-3pm in the FHC Band Room. All 2018 leadership is expected to attend.
Marching Band Leadership Auditions
3/26 and 3/27
Pick up information packet from Ms. Zilhaver. The sign-up sheet for audition and interview time slots will be posted the week before auditions.
State Solo & Ensemble
Please turn in State Solo and Ensemble payments ASAP. Make check payable to FHC Band Boosters.